Control Data Corporation Systems at TNO Waalsdorp
The TNO Physics Laboratory, the forerunner of the TNO Physics and Electronic Laboratory and the current TNO location The Hague Waalsdorp, used various Control Data Corporation (CDC) mainframe systems and systems manufactured by several other computer suppliers in the seventies through the nineties. This computer history page contains technical aspects based on the memories of the computer pioneering time by operators and system programmers. We also used old photographs and sparse documentation that survived clean-ups.
- Control Data 6000 series systems and their successors
- Network Operating System/Batch Environment (NOS/BE) and its predecessor SCOPE
- Network Operating System/Virtual Environment (NOS/VE)
- 6000 series hardware architecture: CPU and memory
- 6000 series hardware architecture: Peripheral processors
- 6000 series CPU instruction set (first RISC processor)
- 6000 series PP instruction set
- 180 series architecture
- CDC CYBER 180 and 900 series of systems at TNO
Other Control Data systems
Relative cyber performance figures
- The relative performance of the CDC Cyber Systems
(special thanks to Mark Riordan for providing some information for these pages.